Summer WorkReady: Enrollment Appointment

How to Prepare for an Enrollment Appointment


UAC's NEW Summer Youth Employment office is opening at 1211 Chestnut St, Suite 900. Please be patient as our office is currently open limited hours. 

Questions? Please contact us at 215-851-1800.

Make sure that you come prepared with all your documents! At the enrollment session you will be filling out additional paperwork - this is just a list of what you need to bring with you. What you will need may depend on your age and gender. To find out which documents you will need, find the category that best describes you below.


Due to new state legislation, you may be required to complete a background check screening. The background check screening is to help ensure the safety of other youth/children that you will be working with. There will be no cost for the background check and you will receive further instructions to complete the process during enrollment.

If are under the age of 18, you will need your parent or guardian to sign these two forms and bring the signed forms with you to enrollment:

If you will be 14-15 years old, as of July 1, 2020:

If you will be 16-17 years old, as of July 1, 2020:

  •  State/student ID 
  • Most recent report card
  • Signed social security card
  • Birth certificate
  • Blue work permit card: You must obtain a work permit through The School District of Philadelphia. For more information on the work permit process, click here.
  • Printed Signature Page from Online ApplicationYour parent or guardian must sign this form

If you will be 18 years old, as of July 1, 2020:

  • State/student ID 
  • Signed social security card
  • Birth certificate
  • If you are male: A print out confirming that you have registered for the selective service. If you haven’t yet registered, or you want to get a print out, go to

How to access needed documentation

When you apply for jobs and college, you will be asked to present certain documents like your birth certificate and social security number/card. If you don't have those documents, below are some links that will help you in getting what you need.

Birth Certificate
Important information about attaining a birth certificate

Social Security Card
Information on replacing a lost social security card
Changing or correcting your name on your social security card

State ID
How to obtain a photo identification card

Proof of Registration with the Selective Service System
If you are male and 18, you must legally register with the selective service system by going here and filling in all required fields. If you have already registered, but need to obtain a print out, proving that you have, go here, and fill out the required information.



Back to Main Page