RFP: Internal Audit Consulting for Federal Stimulus Grant
ISSUE DATE: April 10, 2013
Request for Proposal
Internal Audit Consulting for Federal Stimulus Grant
Proposals will be received via email until 5 p.m., Wednesday April 24th
The Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC) to enter into a contract for internal audit consulting focused on fiscal compliance within a complex, multiyear, $11.8M federal stimulus grant. In particular, consultant will conduct an internal audit of UAC’s fiscal policies and procedures as they relate to the grant and review expense documentation for completeness and accuracy. UAC is in need of such services to ensure a smooth close-out process for this grant.
UAC BTOP Grant
The Urban Affairs Coalition received an $11.8 million Sustainable Broadband Adoption (SBA) award from the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) under the Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP), a part of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) stimulus funding. Under this award, UAC manages and distributes funds to 10 sub-recipient organizations and is responsible for oversight of the project for the grant period (7/1/2010-8/31/2013) and a closing period of 90 days from the end of the grant period. UAC disburses funds to sub-recipient organizations on a reimbursement basis and in line with programmatic deliverables.
UAC is issuing this RFP for Financial Internal Audit Services for the time period from May 13, 2013 to August 31, 2013. In responding, prospective Vendors should describe in detail how it is qualified to provide the necessary services as stated in this document. The successful offer will demonstrate the Vendor’s ability to provide both actionable fiscal compliance policy and procedure recommendations and detailed documentation review—that is, to provide both higher-level and hands-on assistance. Working with the UAC accounting and BTOP staff, ultimately, the Vendor will ensure UAC is adequately prepared in the event of a federal audit.
- Provide federal financial audit preparation services;
- Direct internal audits on BTOP-related financials (both match and federal portions) and documentation to ensure NTIA Compliance, including compliance with the following entities:
- Department of Commerce (DOC) Grants policies
- BTOP program-specific compliance guidelines
- ARRA guidelines
- Report on audit findings, including guidance on potential correctional measures if/when necessary; provide guidance to ensure proper adjustments are made prior to August 31, 2013.
- Federal audit experience, preferably experience with stimulus funding.
Proposals should be as thorough and detailed as possible so that the UAC may properly evaluate the firm’s capabilities to provide the required services. Prospective vendors are required to submit the following items as a complete proposal:
- Complete Data Sheet (Attachment A).
- Complete Budget Sheet (Attachment B).
- A brief written narrative statement including:
- The firm’s ability to deliver on the required and desired deliverables expressed in III: Statement of Need
- The experience and variety of services provided by your firm.
- The expertise of project staff and anticipated subcontractors to ensure that all personnel assigned to perform under any resultant contract shall be capable and qualified in the work assigned to them.
- Resumes of all staff and subcontractors that will be committed to the contract.
- Other information that was not specifically requested in this Request for Proposal that should be considered in the evaluation of the response may be included at the end of the proposal.
EVALUATION AND AWARD CRITERIA
Proposals shall be evaluated by the purchasing agency using the following criteria:
- Quality of proposed plan and strategy for UAC. (30 points)
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of firm. (20 points)
- Price. (15 points)