The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's mission is to mobilize financial and volunteer resources to address the community's most critical priorities in Greater Philadelphia, in Israel and around the world.
The Manager of Development Communications supports the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s development program and is responsible for implementing and coordinating comprehensive donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition programs to enhance the organization’s relationship with prospects and existing donors while promoting recognition of donors at all levels. The Manager of Development Communications is also responsible for writing all Major Gift proposals, stewardship reports, high level acknowledgements for restricted gifts, and assisting with the creation of written campaign materials. The position reports to the Deputy Chief Development Officer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Responsibilities Will Include:
● Working with all members of the Development team, manage programs and activities designed to maintain and cultivate a long-term, quality relationship with donors that leads to deepening commitment and philanthropic support.
● Manage a donor relations and communications system including programmatic communications, cultivation messages, targeted event follow up, stewardship reports and major gift proposals.
● Track stewardship requirements for grants and foundations to ensure reporting obligations are met.
● Produce other campaign and related communications as needed in collaboration with the Deputy Chief Development Officer and the Director of Marketing and Communications.
● Working with the Deputy Chief Development Officer, design new methods of stewardship to acknowledge gifts to the Jewish Federation and implement standardized acknowledgements for varied giving levels on an ongoing basis.
● Assist the Development Staff in management of affinities and committees designed to engage and steward donors.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Successful Candidates Will Possess These Preferred Skills & Abilities:
● Self-motivated, highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and a team-oriented approach.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills. All applicants will be asked to submit writing samples.
● Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with varied internal and external constituencies.
● High level of maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
● Project management experience preferred.
● Demonstrated creative thinker who has the ability to collaborate with Development Staff and strategize to retain and engage donors.
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires managing multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
● Demonstrated strategic and operational planning:
● Working knowledge of development software is a plus.
Education & Experience:
● At least 5 years’ experience in development, communications or customer service, preferably in a non-profit environment.
● Expertise in InDesign, Adobe and other creative software applications.
● Bachelor’s degree.