Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plants, cuts, seeds, waters and sods lawns and shrubs.
• Prunes shrubs/trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, or branches.
• Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides, as requested.
• Rakes and bags leaves, cleans grounds and removes litter.
• Prepares and grades terrain. Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
• Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties.
• Remove tree brush after tree trimmers’ prune, cut and shape trees.
• Plants flowers, trees, and shrubs.
• Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
• Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
• Completes maintenance work orders as assigned including, but not limited to, painting, trash removal, minor electrical repairs, moving items, etc.
• Participates in property preventative maintenance schedule.
• Accountable for and abides by the standards set forth by the ODAAT Board, OHCD and PHS.
• Maintains confidentiality and rights of residents, families, property owners, employees, and facility information in compliance with HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
• Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
• Interacts cooperatively with residents, families, visitors and other staff.
• Accountable for information contained in the UAC Employee Handbook and ODAAT Operations Manual.
• Performs all duties in compliance with all applicable federal and state rules and regulations and facility policies and procedures.
• Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner and willingly performs other duties as assigned by appropriate personnel.
• Adhere to agency compliance with contracts, policies, regulations, confidentiality policies, HIPPA, etc.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Able to operate and maintain grounds equipment such as lawnmower, string weed trimmer, edger, dumpsters, etc.
• Knows, understands, and uses procedures defined in the preventative maintenance schedule.
• Uses proper lifting techniques, demonstrates proper storage or placement of equipment.
• Utilizes proper protective equipment and standard precautions.
• Knows and understands proper procedures for reporting unsafe/hazardous conditions.
• Attends all in-service/training as scheduled.
• Capable of lifting 40lbs without assistance.