The Director of Program Operations, reporting to the Executive Director (ED), will be responsible for the operational success of PAAN programming ensuring seamless team management/development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this role, the Director of Program Operations will manage a growing staff of employees and any other personnel matters pertaining to programs. The DPO will also be responsible for cultivating a team dynamic and culture within each specific program, as in pertains to PAAN’s mission and the surrounding community. The DPO is ultimately responsible for ensuring that PAAN’s programs are operating within the standards and expectations of their funder.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures a stable Social Services unit with oversight of program planning, structural organization, staffing, and ensures compliance with all policies, procedures an regulations.
• Ensures that service delivery and operations meet both contractual commitments and the needs of population served in providing a safe, secure, supportive program for the benefit of all clients.
• Ensures that standard operating procedures are followed by all staff, and that all staff receives support and supervision appropriate to their needs.
• Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the production among program areas
• Develops policies, procedures and protocols to ensure that PAAN’s program are in compliance;
• Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and program performance standards.
• Conduct bi-weekly supervisory sessions with all PAAN Directors/Coordinators to discuss issues of programs and to develop corrective actions to resolve identified issues;
• Develop and submit to the ED a “Program Status and Progress Report” on the monthly basis
• Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
• In collaboration with PAAN administration, identify and coordinate the scheduling of staff development activities that will improve their engagement of the population served, and address employee experience and skill gaps.
• Recruit, Hiring, coaching, reviewing and developing all the teams within each program
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required. An Associate degree is preferred;
• 5+ years with people / team management responsibilities
• 3-5 years in fast-paced startup or growing company
• Strong project management skills
• Strong in-person and written communication skills
• Experience developing team goals
• Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
• Results driven and constant process improvement focused
• Comfortable as a self-starter with strong problem solving skills
• Fits the PAAN’ culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative, give first)
• Must obtain a Criminal Background, Childline, and FBI Clearances;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.) and database experience.