The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia mobilizes financial and volunteer resources to address the communities’ most critical priorities locally, in Israel and around the world.
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia has an opening for an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION. This position provides office administration and support services for assigned staff within the Controller and Treasury Department to facilitate timely, efficient completion of the unit’s work assignments. This position reports to the Director of Treasury and the Controller and will eventually be cross-trained to assist others in the department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant Will:
• Manage the tracking and processing of all stock and Israel bond contributions
• Generate donor acknowledgment letters for campaign gifts of stock, Israel bonds and IRA distributions as well as stock gifts split between campaign and endowments.
• Prepare correspondence related to pensions.
• Assist in pre-audit and audit of the Jewish Federation and Retirement Plan: creation of permanent file items, planning items, confirmations and other areas as assigned.
• Schedule and coordinate internal and volunteer committee meetings, including preparation and distribution of reports and presentation materials and meeting minutes.
• Facilitate paperless records retention by scanning a wide variety of documents.
• Maintaining and coordinating files for off-site archiving.
• Maintain calendars for Controller, Director of Treasury and Endowment Accounting Manager.
• Distribute mail, manage weekly attendance, coordinate maintenance of departmental equipment and machinery and order department supplies.
• General administrative duties including typing and filing.
• Coordinate and maintain all contents of 8th floor vault /archives.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Successful Candidates Will Have the Following Skills and Abilities:
• 3 to 5 years of related administrative services experience, or an Associate’s degree in Business.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with Jewish Federation colleagues, volunteers and outside vendors.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to multi task.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with PCs and applicable financial software, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Sufficient manual dexterity for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment.