The Urban Affairs Coalition unites government, business, neighborhoods, and individual initiative to improve the quality of life in the region, build wealth in urban communities, and solve emerging issues.
Who We Are
We are a Coalition of 55+ partner organizations, large and small, working on diverse issues that immediately affect communities. We strengthen nonprofit organizations through fiscal sponsorship, capacity building, and program evaluation; improve life chances for youth and young adults; and provide economic opportunity to low-income households, working families, and disadvantaged businesses.
What We Do
The Coalition shapes public policy and delivers programs that respond to urgent community needs. The problems we face are far too complex for one entity to solve on its own. Our deep community roots and strong linkages to public and private groups allow us to bring together a diverse set of resources around specific issues to drive change from the ground up. The Power of Coalition means that, together, we can accomplish what no one organization can do alone.
- Strengthening nonprofits
- Building wealth in urban communities
- Developing youth and young adults
Creating strategic partnerships
Read more about our Priorities
Because of the Coalition:
- Children and young adults who begin life at the bottom of the economic ladder have the chance to climb higher.
- Families in low-income communities find bridges to education, jobs, and sound financial advice.
- Minority entrepreneurs with energy, skill, and ambition have the opportunity to access capital that can turn a good idea into a successful business.